Welcome to 'Vellore' - City of Innovation.    |    If you like this site, feel free to give a link and visit again. 

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Once in a lifetime experience in Vellore

Yesterday (12th of May) we had the temperature soared to 111 degree F and it was just another hot and muggy day. But around 5:00 PM, sky turned cloudy and dark but it was not anything unusual. Expected rain but we didn’t expect what we saw.

I just drove in and parked my car outside the house thinking I might need to use the car again. Suddenly it started to rain and still it was not anything out of the norm to have car parked outside while raining. Suddenly I heard the sharp sounds on my window and around at the same time my wife and kids started “Hiai” “Hail”. I knew, I had to run to put my car inside. With my skin head I ran out and I was whacked with pea size hail on my head before I got into the car.

Wind was blowing so hard and also it rained hard so I was worried for my plants that I take care of everyday. Before we knew it, power went off and the surroundings turned dark outside. Storm didn’t last very long and my wife took some pictures of it. When everything was settled, I came out to see what happened and my plants looked ok but not my neighborhood. There were six places where tree limbs fell and traffic was blocked. Luckily, our local government did a good job of clearing the whole thing by the morning.

My wife was born and brought up right here in Vellore and she said that she had never seen a hale storm in her entire life in Vellore. Well….it was truly once in a life time experience to watch the hale storm in Vellore.

No comments: